Friday, August 21, 2009

Hannah Montana PSP & PS3 Slim


Playstation 3 Slim 120 GB
$299, available September 1st

All right, the big announcement! Sony's Playstation 3 is getting a makeover!
While some won't find this very exciting (like myself), most people are very happy with a smaller, more affordable PS3. (I would be, if I didn't own one.)

While price drops are always welcome, it's still disappointing that the PS3 Slim will not play PS2 games. That, and it's not shiny anymore! Seriously, Sony. I like the glamor! I'm sure that the aesthetics won't change anyone's mind, though. It just has a bit more of a subtle look going for it.




Hannah Montana PSP
$199.99

This is old news for the blogging world, but yes, Hannah Montana has even made her way to the Playstation Portable. The horror!

"Bundle includes limited edition "Lilac" PSP-3000 system, Hannah Montana: Rock Out The Show UMD game, Hannah Montana UMD video, 2GB Memory Stick Pro Duo, and PSP vinyl stickers." --Amazon.com

While the Lilac PSP is very nice, everything else is a bit scary. Even the promotion for the product, titled ''Girlz Play Too'' sounds immature and forced. It doesn't seem all that cool.
As some others have mentioned, it sounds like a parent who is trying a bit too hard. It's nice that they're trying to think about what girls might like, but. . . .

The bundle isn't a bad price for what you get, especially for a kid who likes Hannah Montana.
A PSP, UMD game, UMD video, and 2 GB memory stick for 200 dollars is a good deal. The stickers, well, I wouldn't let my kid stick anything on their PSP, but I'm a bit picky about that sort of thing. I'm sure most kids will like them--my cousin can't resist putting flowers and pokemon all over her things.

Other games included in the ''Girlz Play Too'' campaign are
  • Pangya Fantasy Golf
  • Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
  • Loco Roco 2
  • Patapon 2
Pangya is a good-looking game, I'll admit. I want it myself. Patapon is very fun, and Loco Roco 2 is decent, but Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs? Are you serious? How does that even qualify as a 'girl game'? Stick a LMAO here. Parents, listen to your kids. I doubt they want this game.


More exciting is the Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines PSP I hear is coming up soon (november?) and the highly-anticipated Dissidia! More on that in September!


No comments:

Post a Comment